The teams have worked together since early this year but this is the first time Highdive and the NHL are sharing the news about their partnership.
The Nothing Regular campaign launched this past Friday, November 26 on ABC during the 2021 NHL Thanksgiving Showdown, which featured the New York Rangers vs. the Boston Bruins. This also marked the first time the NHL has been on ABC since 2004.
“What makes the NHL so exciting is that unpredictable and amazing things really do happen every night. The ‘play of the year’ is made and re-made each week. Fans don’t have to wait until the playoffs to see incredible moments – McDavid, Matthews, MacKinnon and many other young stars are redefining how to play the game and it’s thrilling to watch. There really is nothing regular about the regular season.” — Casey Hall, SVP of Marketing & Consumer Insights at NHL.
There is nothing regular about the regular season.
- The campaign is the first work from the NHL and Highdive partnership that started in August 2021.
- The Nothing Regular campaign is created from the insight that, in the NHL, there is nothing regular about the regular season — and there are amazing things that happen every single night.
- The campaign features stars including Connor McDavid, Auston Matthews, Charlie McAvoy and Alex Ovechkin.
- The Nothing Regular campaign leans into the fact that the game is the fastest and most skilled it’s ever been and every regular season game is a chance to witness an incredible play, a new tradition or history being made. There really is nothing regular about the regular season in the NHL.
- The campaign will be produced throughout the year to showcase the excitement and unpredictability that comes from every NHL game. The spots will continue to air in all national and local game broadcasts and ancillary programing (pregame, post game, other hockey programming) within commercial pods on ABC, ESPN, ESPN+, Hulu, TNT and NHL Network in the US, Sportsnet, CITY and CBC in Canada, and on every team’s Regional Sports Network.
Highdive working with the NHL:
“Working with the NHL is an absolute dream come true. I come from a hockey family and I’ve loved this game since I was three years old. And you’ll find that the whole Highdive team shares this passion — from our creative leads, Katie Bero and Brian Culp, to our editor Billy Montross — everyone who touched the creative is a die hard fan and you can really feel that in the work. And that also means that the idea that “Nothing is regular about the regular season” came fairly natural to us because we believed the word “regular” didn’t quite capture what happens on the ice every night. In fact, there’s nothing regular about it at all.” — Co-Founder and Chief Creative Officer at Highdive, Chad Broude
Lead Agency: Highdive
Co-Founder and CCO: Chad Broude
C-Founder and CCO: Mark Gross
Creative Directors: Katie Bero and Brian Culp
Creatives: Casey Stern, Jorge Pomareda, Nathan Monteith, Tim Green
Strategy: Alan Snitow
Executive Producer: Jen Passaniti
Producer: Kamerin McAllister
Managing Partner: Megan Lally
Group Account Director: Kristin Woodke
Editor: Billy Montross