Guess Jack Daniel’s always wanted to do this. In a historic move, the whiskey brand is introducing its first truly global creative campaign, “Make it Count.” The campaign showcases a new way of thinking for the 154-year-old brand that celebrates the people who drink it.
As a global brand that wanted to fuel its iconic status, it was time for Jack Daniel’s to showcase their unique view of the world. The new campaign, created by creative partner Energy BBDO, focuses on the impact on peoples’ lives when they decide to choose boldly and with purpose every day, much like Mr. Jack did throughout his own life.
The :60 film “First Timers,” directed by RESET Content’s Ian Pons Jewell, kicks off the campaign, showcasing Jack Daniel’s consumers who decide to live boldly and try something they’ve always wanted to do.
The new campaign is by creative agency Energy BBDO. The inspiration for the campaign comes from a vintage Jack Daniel’s ad that read “Proudly served in fine establishments and questionable joints.” It served as a reminder that Jack is for everyone. As a result, “Make It Count” is about its fans who grab life by the horns and make the most of their experiences.
“With ‘Make it Count’ we have a long term platform that resonates with consumers, especially in today’s environment, and carries the message of Jack’s bold, independent spirit,” said Matias Bentel, Chief Brands Officer of Jack Daniel’s parent company, Brown-Forman. “We know that this world class creative will continue to drive the successful globalization of our Jack Daniel’s brand.”
“Relaunching an iconic brand like Jack Daniel’s? We’ve always wanted to do that. It has been a wonderful collaboration with our client partners, and we’re thrilled for what’s to come,” said Josh Gross and Pedro Pérez, Co-Chief Creative Officers of Energy BBDO.
“First Timers” was shot in Kiev, Ukraine following all social distancing protocols. Renowned Director Ian Pons Jewell led the five-day shoot overseen by the creative and client teams via Zoom, with team members from every possible time zone tuning in to create the final product.
Media agency Spark Foundry is the global media partner for Make it Count, negotiating and executing paid media activity for the launch across most major markets globally.
Set to launch October 1, the campaign is brought to life through multiple executions on TV, social, digital, out of home and print platforms in 100+ countries.
CLIENT: Jack Daniel’s
AGENCY: Energy BBDO
- Chief Creative Officers: Josh Gross & Pedro Pérez
- Chief Innovation Officer: Alan Parker
- Creative Directors: Lucas Owens & Monique Kaplan
- Associate Creative Directors: Jordan Sparrow & Ricky Johanet
- Design Director: Hung Vinh
- Head of Integrated Production: John Pratt
- Executive Producer: Jeff Davis
- Producer: John Paul Ward
- Executive Director of Music: Daniel Kuypers
- Managing Director: Lianne Sinclair
- Senior Global Account Director: Greg Morrison
- Account Supervisor: Arika Jeter
- Account Executive: Emma Flynn
- Chief Strategy Officer: Larry Gies
- Group Strategy Director: Allison ArlingGiorgi
- Strategy Director: Chase Donahue
- Social Strategist: Casey Campbell
PRODUCTION COMPANY: RESET Content
- Director: Ian Pons Jewell
- Producer: Jon Adams
EDIT: Whitehouse Post
- Executive Producer: Caitlin Grady
- Post Producer: Ryan Smith
- Editor: Tobias Shum
- Assistant Editor: Paul Chung
Flame Artist: Philip Akka
MIX: Wave Audio
Senior Audio Designer: Chris Afzal
COLOR: ETC London
Colorist: Luke Morrison
CONTENT EDIT: Flare Chicago
- Director of Studio Production: Mitch Monzon
- Executive Producer of Post Production: Jenny McDonald
- Associate Design Producer: Allison Hemingway
- Senior Motion Designer: Viky Kryvanos
CONTENT COLOR: Nice Shoes
- Colorist: Ron Sudul
- Producer: Serena Bove
MEDIA: Spark Foundry
PR Company: DVL Seigenthaler/Finn Partners
SOURCE: Energy BBDO