In a holiday season when nothing feels typical, Coors Light is introducing a festive tradition just for grownups – because, let’s be honest, adults deserve to enjoy the holiday season, too. Meet Beerman, a perfectly imperfect drinking buddy designed to keep your beers cold and your spirits up.
In fact, Beerman is the holiday hero we need in 2020. He’s built for function over form, and his superpower lies in the ability to refresh us with ice cold Coors Light. And even though Beerman himself performs a striking cover of Boston’s 80’s rock anthem, More Than a Feeling, he will not judge your poor rendition of a karaoke classic or your holiday attire.
“The holidays are filled with family-focused traditions, so during a time when we could all use a moment of chill, Coors Light wanted to introduce something just for grownups,” said Marcelo Pascoa, vice president of marketing for the Coors Family of Brands. “Beerman brings levity to this time of year, as he exists simply to keep your Coors Light perfectly cold and bring a smile to your face.”
Coors Light is introducing Beerman through an international marketing campaign created by our friends at DDB Chicago, which includes live TV advertising, social and digital spots, and a custom Beerman can design that will be available later this month in New York City via MiniBar and select participating retailers.
DDB worked closely with Legacy Effects, the practical effects developers behind The Mandalorian’s Baby Yoda and Groot from Guardians of the Galaxy, to develop The Beerman.
A character who comes to life after all the humans have gone to bed, The Beerman cracks open a beer and puts on a show. Watch below:
“This year we need some pure holiday joy more than ever. What could be more joyful than a snowman finding his groove with the help of 80’s rock icons Boston?” asks DDB Chicago executive creative director Colin Selikow. “In some ways, The Beerman represents us all. A little shabby from a hard year, and just wants to let loose this holiday season.”
Additionally, Coors Light is inviting drinkers across the U.S. to build their own Beerman through a social media activation with actor, musician and comedian, Adam Devine.
Beginning Monday, December 14, Coors Light will partner with Devine and encourage consumers to build their best Beerman with whatever’s on hand. Coors Light will select one winner (located anywhere within the continental U.S.) and transform their yard into a winter wonderland to bring added chill and magic to this holiday season.
“We know not everyone in the country gets snow around the holidays, but we all deserve an opportunity to chill with Beerman,” said Pascoa. “Whether they want to have a snowball fight or perform backyard karaoke, one lucky winner will enjoy a winter wonderland complete with Beerman, ready to chill your Coors Light.”
To enter,, consumers simply need to respond with a comment to the Build Your #Beerman contest post on the brand’s Facebook or Twitter account (both @CoorsLight), including a photo of their best version of Beerman, why they deserve a “winter wonderland,” and #Beerman and #Contest.
See terms and conditions here for full contest details.
CLIENT: Molson Coors – Coors Light
- CHIEF MARKETING OFFICER: Michelle St. Jacques
- VP, MARKETING, COORS FAMILY OF BRANDS: Marcelo Pascoa
- MARKETING DIRECTOR, COORS LIGHT: Chris Steele
- SR. MARKETING MANAGER, COORS LIGHT: Liz Cramton
- ASSOCIATE MARKETING MANAGER, COORS LIGHT: Stephanie Donelson
AGENCY: DDB Chicago
- CHIEF CREATIVE OFFICER, DDB WORLDWIDE: Ari Weiss
- CHIEF CREATIVE OFFICER, NORTH AMERICA: Britt Nolan
- EXECUTIVE CREATIVE DIRECTOR: Colin Selikow
- CREATIVE DIRECTOR: Alan Shen
- CREATIVE DIRECTOR: Chris Walker
- ASSOCIATE CREATIVE DIRECTOR: Sandra Jurado
- DIRECTOR OF MUSIC: Alec Stern
- SR. COPYWRITER: Amy Finn-Welch
- CHIEF PRODUCTION OFFICER: Diane Jackson
- SVP, EXECUTIVE PRODUCER: Matt Blitz
- SR. PRODUCER: Adam Battista
- SVP, GROUP ACCOUNT DIRECTOR: Kiska Howell
- ACCOUNT SUPERVISOR: Kyle Piazza
- ACCOUNT MANAGER: Raneen Onallah
- PRODUCTION BUSINESS MANAGER: Jillian English
PRODUCTION: Arts & Sciences
- DIRECTOR: Mike Warzin
- EXECUTIVE PRODUCER: Mal Ward
- PRODUCER: Kristin Porter
- DP: Sean Porter
EDIT: WORK EDITORIAL
- EDITOR: Neil Smith
- EXECUTIVE PRODUCER: Marlo Baird
- ASSISTANT EDITOR: Josh Sasson
- PRODUCER: Brian Scharwath
VFX HOUSE: PARLIAMENT
CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT: LEGACY EFFECTS
COLOR: STUDIO A52 COLOR
- COLORIST: Daniel De Vue
- COLOR ASSIST: Corey Martinez, Dylan Bursick
- PRODUCER: Jenny Peterson
- EXECUTIVE PRODUCER: Thatcher Peterson
LICENSED/COMPOSED MUSIC: WALKER
- EXECUTIVE PRODUCER: Sara Matarazzo
- EXECUTIVE PRODUCER: Stephanie Pigott
- PRODUCER: Danielle Soury
PR AGENCY: ICF Next
MEDIA AGENCY: Connect
SOURCE: DDB, Chicago