Grilling season, of which the Reel Chicago Team are massive fans of, is about to kick off. But of course we are in the middle of a global pandemic and social distancing. So, how do we cope?
To kick-off the season, Oscar Mayer is encouraging self-proclaimed rib, burger and hotdog experts to connect with their communities (while staying 12 hot dogs apart) by bringing the grill from the backyard to the front for a Front Yard Cookout on May 2nd and donating 1 million meals to Feeding America.
Working with creative agency partner mcgarrybowen, Oscar Mayer will ask consumers to observe social distancing requirements and participate by sharing photos of their cookout using #FrontYardCookout. Each time the hashtag is shared on Twitter, Oscar Mayer will donate an additional meal to Feeding America (up to 1 million more).
Watch the new :30-second crafted in-house by the mcgarry team:
“Oscar Mayer has always been guided by a sense of optimism, and by bringing smiles to people at all times – especially in hard times. We’re proud to partner with Feeding America to give back to the community, and we’re excited to give people the chance to help us in this effort. We know grilling season is best enjoyed with family and friends, so we encourage you to practice social distancing and move cookouts to the front yard, where we can be together even when we’re apart,” says Jess Vultaggio, Head of Marketing, Oscar Mayer.
The campaign begins tomorrow, Thursday April 23.
- Kurt Fries: CCO, Chicago
- Todd Brusnighan, Group Creative Director
- Doug Behm: Group Creative Director
- David McCradden: Creative Director
- Art Quentin Hirsley: Associate Creative Director Copy
- Max Franklin: Junior Art Director
- Charlie Higgins: Junior Copywriter
- Zulema Orozco: Design Director
- Shawna Ross: CSO, Chicago
- Chris Robertson: Group Strategy Director
- Kelly Dittrich: Senior Strategist
- Bari Pearlman: Associate Strategist
- Lauren Hurlburt: Community Manager
- Tom Smith: Group Managing Director
- Randi Schwieger: Account Director
- Claire French: Account Supervisor
- Eric Faber: Executive Producer
- Madison Amalfitano: Producer
- Christen James: Senior Producer
PRODUCTION COMPANY: mb workplace
- Tracy Tran: Studio Manager
- Robert Freeman Smith: Editor