Refine Collective is celebrating Women’s History month with it’s second annual PLANET HER.
A showcase of women creatives in Chicago with an out-of-this-world, community-focused night bazaar, celebrating all things SHE.
This year’s event takes over the Chicago Athletic Association, with over 50 Chicago-based women makers, creators, artists, musicians and chefs across multiple floors in The Tank and Stagg Court. Highlights include two musical performances by Nyla XO, and live art by Alyssa Low, YUES, and Barderies Hampton.
As part of DIAGEO’s Society 2030 plan to shape a more inclusive world, DIAGEO and its brands have partnered with Refine Collective’s Planet HER, a community focused night bazaar and marketplace showcasing women creatives in Chicago. The event is geared towards amplifying diverse and multi-hyphenated women-in-business who are showing up as their authentic selves — bringing all forms of their identities together to shape an inclusive future this Women’s History Month and beyond.
Tickets for purchase at the event page. By booking a room at the CAA hotel for the evening with the code REFINE, guests can receive two free tickets. Our sponsors include DIAGEO, lululemon, Red Bull, and Wintrust Community Bank
When & Where:
Friday March 24, 2023
5 pm to 10 pm
Chicago Athletic Association
12 S Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL
“Chicago women are making history every day,” said IB Majekodunmi, Founder of Refine Collective. “What better time to celebrate this fact than during Women’s History Month! Our second annual Planet Her is built for this purpose, to showcase what’s going on right in our own community and connect Chicagoans to local women making and doing. We’re excited to be partnering with the historic Chicago Athletic Association to bring this fun-filled, purposeful evening to the city.”
Majekodunmi continued, “Refine Collective was created to identify and support minority and women-owned businesses with a mission to funnel purchasing power into the hands of the underrepresented communities. This Women’s History Month, Refine Collective is happy to highlight diverse women-vendors that are using their success to give back to our community at our Planet HER event. Last year, DIAGEO’s partnership helped Refine Collective’s inaugural Planet HER be a huge success, and we’re happy to have their ongoing support to create a more inclusive world for diverse women owned businesses from all walks of life.”
35+ women-owned businesses to shop from:
- Ariadna Ginez — Band of Gold — Black Women Are Essential – BOBY — Bon Femmes — Bueno Days, Chicago For Keeps — Collection Of Threads — Common Violet — CUE Chicago – Espinas — For us, dear – Goodbyetony — Sin Pantalones — Hemp Heals Body Shop — Her & Ziba — HML Design — Kayla Customs — Lin Bader Design — Lovely Little Things — made by xtine — Moonstone Chandlery®️ — MichWu Creations — October Lotus — Orchid Hair — Paper Bunny Press — Raspy Rivera — retro ish CHI — Sleepy T Rugs — Studia Soul — Studio Kwoh — The Beauty Bodega — The Vintage Royalty — Tiger Moth Goods — Tiny Opal Vintage — Volition Tea LLc
- A line-up of women DJs – including Coshe, DJ Ca$H Era, Mo Mami, and SKY JETTA
- Two musical performances by Nyla XO
- Live painting by Alyssa Low, YUES, and Barderies Hampton.
- Refreshing welcome cocktail courtesy of Diageo and its brands Seedlip, Ketel One, and Johnnie Walker.
- Complimentary wine tasting by local, woman-owned wine brand, Mmmm… Just Enjoy. Wines
About Musical Performer, Nyla XO:
Nyla XO is an LA-born, Chicago-based singer/songwriter, producer and keyboardist. She’s toured nationwide with Betty Who and has graced the America’s Got Talent stage as a beloved member of the house band. Her music has also been featured on The CW, BET, and Netflix.
ALSO READ: 2023 REEL WOMEN
Sign up for our free elert here and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube
REEL CHICAGO NEEDS YOUR HELP
It cost over $10,000 to get back online after a malware attack.
If you read the REEL, we are asking for your help.