It’s time to eat like you give a shake and stand up for change. Created by the team at Veggie Grill, Stand-Up Burgers, the 100 percent plant-based fast-casual restaurant serving up indulgently bold burgers, fries and shakes will open two locations in Chicago in late spring.
(OPENING APRIL 2021)
614 W Diversey Pkwy Chicago, IL 60657
(OPENING APRIL 2021)
204 North Wells St. Chicago, IL 60606
Our LA staff says, “Two big thumbs up. Get ready for a treat Chicago!”
From the BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger and The Freebird Crispy Chicken Sandwich to the Onion Rings and Save the Animal-Style Fries, Stand-Up Burgers has reimagined the classic burger stand and is unapologetically serving up an all plant-based decadent menu where people can feast on the classics, without sacrificing nostalgia or taste.
People across the U.S. are demanding more sustainable ways of living and eating, and Stand-Up Burgers is here to help them embrace and embark on their conscious food journey. Nutrition, climate change, sustainability and animal welfare are all driving this unstoppable rise in the plant-based movement. Today, with cutting-edge innovation in meat alternatives, standing up for the planet and change has never been easier, more satisfying and more delicious.
T.K. Pillan, Veggie Grill’s co-founder says, “At Veggie Grill we are on a mission to advance plant-based eating nationwide and empower people to eat less meat by providing them with innovative and delicious plant-based experiences.”
As a brand that believes in doing good while you eat good, Stand-Up Burgers will partner with various local charities that benefit people, animals and the planet.
Stand-Up Burgers is the second food concept that Veggie Grill has opened this year to address the surging consumer demand for plant-based options. The company recently launched Más Veggies Taqueria, a virtual Mexican restaurant, offering all plant-based food for delivery only.
Stand-Up Burger menu items include:
- THE STAND-UP BURGER – 2x grilled Impossible patty topped with 2x cheese with lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles and special sauce on a brioche bun.
- BBQ BACON – A grilled Impossible patty served with provolone, bacon, pickles, grilled onions, lettuce and BBQ sauce on a brioche bun.
- CHILI-CHEESE – A grilled Impossible patty with a 3-bean chili topped with cheddar cheese, and crispy onion strings and served on a brioche bun.
- THE FREEBIRD – Crispy Chicken with buffalo sauce, pickles, lettuce and tomato on a brioche bun.
- FALAFEL WRAP – Green chickpea falafel, roasted peppers, tzatziki, arugula, cucumber, tomato, and tahini hot sauce wrapped in a spinach tortilla.
- SAVE THE ANIMAL-STYLE FRIES – Topped with special sauce and grilled onions.
- THE EMERALD CHIP – A seasonal mint shake swirled with chocolate chips and chocolate cream sauce topped with house made whipped cream.
For more information, please visit www.standupburgers.com.