As previously reported in Reel Chicago, the Mayor’s COVID-19 Recovery Task force and State of Illinois DCEO have designated Film Production as essential and film production workers as essential workers. The concern now is where do we fit in the Organizational Structure for the vaccine distribution?
In a flurry of communication between the Health Department and the Chicago Film Office, it has been determined that Film and TV workers are classified as Group 1C for the vaccine.
COVID-19 VACCINE PHASE 1C IN CHICAGO
According to the information on Chicago.gov the Phase 1C estimated start is March 29, 2021 (most vaccinated in April and May)
Once a vaccination phase begins, people in that phase are eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine indefinitely. Tentative dates are dependent on vaccine supply.
Phase 1c: Groups include:
Persons aged 16 to 64 years old with medical conditions that increase the risk for severe COVID-19.
▪ Conditions include obesity, diabetes, pulmonary disease, heart condition including hypertension, kidney disease, cancer, immunocompromised, sickle cell and pregnancy.
Other essential workers:
▪ Transportation & Logistics
▪ Food Service
▪ Housing (e.g., Construction)
▪ Finance (e.g., bank tellers)
▪ Information Technology & Communication ▪ Energy
▪ Public Safety (e.g., Safety Engineers)
▪ Water & Wastewater
▪ Public Health Workers
This phase is widely seen as the next potential group to be eligible to be vaccinated and will be updated as further ACIP guidance is released.
Reel Chicago will continue to post updates to this story as we receive further information.