Dear Ruth: I am deeply concerned with the story you ran and I’d like to request that you correct all the factual inaccuracies contained therein immediately, namely:
- We have donated a significant amount of our agency’s time and talent to bringing the Olympics here to Chicago and we’ve been honored to do so.
- While every hiring decision is ultimately determined by the 2016 Olympic Bid Committee, we have worked together to ensure that every effort has been ? and will continue to be – made to use not only local suppliers, but also minority and diversity suppliers.
- As evidence, I have provided a summary of all the shoots that we were asked to aid in their execution, and the local talent that served on each project below.
- Chicago production companies were not bypassed for the job ? and in fact, local production companies including Steve James’ and Jim Krantz’s were used.
- Therefore, it is clearly misleading to say that “L.A. production companies sent in L.A. crew people.” In fact, on just one shoot, 44 people worked on the job, only 4 of whom were from LA.
- Moreover, every company involved in the production of the bid films waived director’s fees, markups, and/or handling charges. Therefore, Leo Burnett could not ask our local production houses for lower rates, since the understanding was that this was pro-bono project for all involved.
- Leo Burnett did not have any agency freelance producer working on the job, so it is simply impossible that a threat was made against any local shop about their willingness to contribute to the project.
- As the city’s largest advertising agency, we are proud of the role we play in fortifying the city’s production community.
- There were multiple agencies involved in the creative with the Committee.
Unfortunately, the current story is full of inaccuracies and misrepresents the incredible effort put forth by a very talented ? and very local ? group of people.
I’m sure that you’ll address this immediately and I look forward to reading your corrected piece.
Abby Lovett, Global PR
LEO BURNETT WORLDWIDE