Black Women’s Expo (BWe) is partnering with Illinois Census 2020 and Counting on Chicago Coalition to present #WEMATTER On the Frontline: A Black Women’sAgenda!
Virtual Webinar Saturday, July 11, 2020 from 1:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. (CST). Thisday-long virtual event will consist of five (5) webinars headlined by a panel of powerful Blackwomen and men, addressing the equity that is absent for African Americans in the areas ofphysical/mental health, criminal justice, faith, business/entrepreneurship, education, politics,social justice and corporate diversity, inclusion and equality.
“As an entity that annually focuses on all aspects of the Black woman through the largestexposition of its kind in the country, it made perfect sense for BWe to be a hosting partner ofthe #WEMATTER webinar,” said Merry Green, founder of the Black Women’s Expo. “Both the topics and panelists are powerful which set the stage for inspiring, solution-driven dialogue.”
#WE MATTER WEBINAR
Saturday, July 11, 2020, 1:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Part 1 – The Black Church: The Catalyst for Healthy Communities – 1:00 pm
Sponsored by the People’s Community Development Association, Inc.
- Rev. Janette Wilson, PUSH – Moderator
- Dr. Janice Jackson, Chicago Public Schools
- Kimberly Jackson, CEO, CP2
- Dorothy A. Brown, Clerk of the Circuit Court
- Rev. James T. Meeks, Salem Baptist Church of Chicago
- Deputy Chief Ernest Cato, Chicago Police Department
- James Gilliam, Fifth Third Bank
- David Sanders, President, Malcolm X College
- Pastor Michael Eaddy, The People’s Community Development Association, Inc.
- Donald Dew, Habilitative Systems, Inc.
Part 2 – Health Disparities & Mental Health – 2:00 pm
Sponsored by Sinai Community Institute
- Debra Wesley, Sinai Health Systems – Moderator
- Dr. Airica Steed, EVP and Chief Operating Officer, Sinai Health System
- Denise Walker, Executive Director/Sinai Medical Group Operations
- Dr. Girija Kumar, Internal Medicine, Sinai Health Systems
- Tina Lifford, Actress
Part 3 – #We Matter: The Importance of the 2020 Census – 3:00 pm
Sponsored by Habilitative Systems Inc.
- Maudlyne Ihejirika, Chicago Sun-Times – Moderator
- President Toni Preckwinkle, Cook County Board of Commissioners
- Kimberly A. Lightford, Illinois State Senator
- Deborah Williams, Counting on Chicago Coalition
- Alderman Stephanie Coleman, 16th Ward
Part 4 – Seize the Moment: Small Business and Entrepreneurship – 4:00 pm
Sponsored by the Business Leadership Council and the YWCA
- Avis Lavelle, Business Leadership Council – Moderator
- Robert Johnson, Chief Economic Inclusion Officer, YWCA
- Melissa Conyears-Ervin, Chicago City Treasurer
- Michele Hoskins, Michele Foods, Inc.
- Charmaine Rickette, Uncle Remus USA
- Angelique Warner, Go Go Vie
- Delisher Bankhole, My Girlfriends Photobooth
Part 5 – Criminal Justice, Social Justice & Youth – 5:00 pm
Sponsored by the Chicago Urban League and The Answer Inc.
- Karen Freeman-Wilson, Chicago Urban League
- Debra Vines, The Answer Inc.
- Ashley Munson, Juneteenth March Organizer & Activist
- GLC, Rapper