Who doesn’t love a diner? Especially if it’s a greaZy diner cheeseburger (with iceberg lettuce, white onions) and fries. They are the best. And the ketchup that is always there to go on said burger – Heinz. These are staples of Americana. And nothing is more Americana and sacred than a diner.
Today, the 150-year-old brand is bringing America together to support these neighborhood cornerstones when they need it most through Heinz for Diners, an initiative aimed at helping local diners get back on their feet.
To start helping now, Heinz is making a $1 million commitment — in the form of $2,000 grants — to help cover rent and operating costs for 500 qualifying, independently owned diners.
Starting today through May 31, 2020, the brand wants you to visit HeinzforDiners.com to nominate your favorite diner to receive a one-time, no-strings-attached check. Watch the new :15-second spot from Wieden+Kennedy, New York below:
“For decades, diners’ doors have been open to all of us,” said Dalia Adler, brand building lead, Heinz. “At a time where every bit counts, we want to do what we can to help take care of these special places that are so much more to our families than just a restaurant.”
Last month, Kraft Heinz committed to donating $12 million globally to ensure people worldwide have the food they need during this challenging time. Additionally, the company launched an internal and external campaign, #WeGotYouAmerica, to celebrate the thousands of employees who are working around the clock in our manufacturing facilities to keep food on America’s tables.
To the diners that have welcomed us in for decades, we now open our arms to you. Help us by nominating your favorite diner to receive support at https://t.co/HXa9YaE9RU #StandWithDiners pic.twitter.com/a04ymttby6
— Heinz Ketchup (@HeinzKetchup_US) April 23, 2020
Learn more about how Heinz is helping to support America’s diners by visiting HeinzforDiners.com or following Heinz on Twitter.
CLIENT: KRAFT HEINZ COMPANY
AGENCY: W+K NEW YORK
- EXECUTIVE CREATIVE DIRECTOR: Karl Lieberman
- CREATIVE DIRECTORS: Laddie Peterson, John Parker
- COPYWRITER: Will Binder
- ART DIRECTOR: Blair Warren
- HEAD OF INTEGRATED PRODUCTION: Nick Setounski
- PRODUCER: Cheryl Warbrook
- BRAND STRATEGY: Ellery Luse, Lee Ford
- SOCIAL STRATEGY: Liana Miller
- COMMS PLANNING: Mark Malloy
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR: Price Manford
- MANAGEMENT SUPERVISOR: Carina Polini
- ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE: Miriam Charry
- ASSISTANT ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE: Autumn Henderson Carson
- PROJECT MANAGER: Alex Doomany
- BUSINESS AFFAIRS: Joshua Christie
- TRAFFIC: Sonia Bisono
EDIT: Joint Editorial
- EDITOR: Sebastian Allen
- POST PRODUCER: Brian Schimpf
- MIXER: Brett Fuchs
Photographer: Arnaud Montagard
SOURCE: Kraft Heinz